For those in need of post disaster assistance, the following list was put together by the Stanley Community Association:
• American Red Cross- Disaster Response: 800-236-8680, press option 9 *Help with immediate needs in first days/weeks after di sasters
• The Salvation Army- helps with current expenses (utilities, rent, etc), temporary housing, clothing, household items, etc.
*Field Rep-Laurie Peterson: 608-797-2038
• WI Rural Housing Programs- General Home Purchases and Home Repair Inquiries: *Loan for those that meet a low-income limit and would be willing to repay debt. Applicants must be without safe or sanitary housing, plus other restrictions.
Phone: 715-345-7611 Email: [email protected] Multi-Family Housing: [email protected] RANWW Foundation/Wisconsin REALTORS Founda tion- ranww.org *up to $1,000 per household for mortgage assistance for primary residence damaged by tornado.
* They had $10,000 to give out, first come first serve. *Contact Brenda Barnhardt: 715-835-0923/715-829-6065
• Recovery and Wellness Consortium- www.co.chippewa. wi.us *For help with the emotional and mental effects of stressful times * CCS Clinical Coordinator- Michelle Phelps: 715-726 7795/715-944-7167 *[email protected]
• Northwest Connections- 24hr Mental Health and AODA (Alcohol and Other Drug Abuse) Crisis Line: 1-888-552-6642
• CCHA- Chippewa County Housing Authority- Offering CDBG grants. Stanley has its own funds and there is usually not a waiting list.
• ARDC (Aging and Disability Resource Center)- not just after a disaster, but always offering respite care for those caring for an elderly person. They also have adult incontinence supplies available, as donations allow. Currently they have many.
• Chippewa County Human Services- sometimes they have Goodwill vouchers available *715-726-7788