Police Department Reports

Posted 12/21/21

ELLSWORTH Police Department Reports The following incidents were reported to Ellsworth Police Department Dec. 13-19. Monday, Dec. 13 A computer crime was reported at 10:31 a.m. at Ellsworth …

This item is available in full to subscribers.

Please log in to continue

Log in

Police Department Reports


ELLSWORTH Police Department Reports

The following incidents were reported to Ellsworth Police Department Dec. 13-19.

Monday, Dec. 13

A computer crime was reported at 10:31 a.m. at Ellsworth Elementary School (445 S. Piety St.) The case remains under investigation.

At 2:25 p.m., a person brought a brown Chihuahua to the police station that they’d found on County Road C, one to two miles south of town. The dog’s paws were worn and red and it appeared to have severe weather exposure. The dog’s owner was notified and the dog taken to Pierce Vet Clinic. The dog had been missing since Dec. 10.

Manuel Ambuludilzano,

40, River Falls, was cited for operating without a license after a suspicious activity call at 5:41 p.m. in the parking lot of 424 W. Industrial Road. Ambuludilzano was sitting in the parking lot and appeared impaired. He registered a 0.220 BAC. Police brought him to an Evergreen Estates address for the evening.

Tuesday, Dec. 14 Nicole Gans, 29, homeless, was arrested on several warrants during a welfare check at 6:41 p.m. at 388 W. Main St.

At 8:11 p.m., police assisted county deputies in locating a man who allegedly left an argument at N4961 450th St., Ellsworth, on foot with a gun. The complainant located the gun later and the suspect was found in the village.

Wednesday, Dec. 15

A caller reported at 9:26 a.m. two guns stolen from a truck at 214 S. Piety St. The caller later reported at 1:09 p.m. that a wallet had also been stolen from the truck.

Police responded at 5:42 p.m. to 404 High Point Drive for a parking slot dispute between neighbors. Each apartment gets one spot. Cars were rearranged so everyone was in the correct spots.

Thursday, Dec. 16

Police discovered a downed tree at 12:05 a.m. blocking the south traffic lane on Debra Street. Police helped the Street Department remove the tree.

At 12:43 a.m., police found a tree blocking the road at North Beulah and West Kinne streets. The tree was pushed off the road.

Village Street Department employees removed a tree from the road at 1:58 a.m. near East Wall and East Main streets.

At 2:20 a.m., the severe weather toppled a tree onto a home at 156 S. Chestnut St. A gas line was damaged, causing a leak, to which Ellsworth Fire responded. They were able to get the gas shut off. No injuries were reported.

At 10 p.m., police saw a large branch had fallen and damaged a vehicle in the driveway at 627 W. Kinne St. The owner said he was waiting for assistance to get it off the truck.

Friday, Dec. 17

A resident reported a broken window at 7:38 a.m. at 579 Vincent Lane. The building’s manager was notified.

At 8:38 a.m., an anonymous caller called Ellsworth High School about a possible threat. The school was put on a nonemergency lockdown until police could determine the threat was unsubstantiated.

At 4:13 p.m., a complainant reported a white Chevy truck that allegedly drives fast (up to 50 mph) on Crest Lane between 5-5:30 p.m. Monday through Friday.

Saturday, Dec. 18 Dimitri Elliot, 22, Glenwood City, was arrested at 8:16 p.m. at 463 E. Wall St. for multiple St. Croix County warrants.

Sunday, Dec. 19

A resident reported damage at 9:47 a.m. to the mailbox cluster at West Crest Lane and South Hill Street. It appeared a vehicle heading north on Hill Street slid through the intersection and struck the cluster, which was tipped over. The mailboxes had little damage, but the cluster’s anchor bolts were broken. No vehicle was located.

Police made contact with a suspicious person at 1:04 p.m. near Maple and Grove streets. The person was putting items in his backpack and was reluctant to speak to officers. He was okay.

At 6:08 p.m., a complainant reported a barking dog in the 400 block of North Grant Street. Police couldn’t locate the dog and didn’t hear barking.

At 7:33 p.m., a man came to the police station to report he’d accidentally set off the fire alarm by bumping the pull station at 372 W. Main St. The alarm had been going off for 15 minutes and he couldn’t reach the landlord.